Alliwat
[English 20PV] Queen Marchesa (3ème topic)
le 27/02/2019 14:17
Hello everybody,

I'm Alliwat, i coming from Afghanistan (it's why my english is really bad :)); 34yo and i play DC since almost 5 years. I love control deck, and aggro deck.

With the ban of Baral and Vannifar (it was obvious), i'm starting to create my account here for to build with this website (nowhere we can found this kind of building, before i only build with https://deckstats.net, now i just want to see how here is more ergonomic like my friends say to me).

Btw after this little introduction, i want to talk with my favorite commander: Queen Marchesa.

The most version i played it's the Burn version that i created with friend since a while. Now with theses bans, i think the control version it'll be better.

What to you thinks guys about it? Do you think our Queen gonna be the new deck to beat?

After how i understand how that website work (please if someone can teach me where i can found the deckbuilding ^^), i put my list and we can talk about it.

Let's discuss and thanks!

Alliwat
haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Commander >> Discussion : page 1
xbod
Modérateur section EDH
Géant
@Alliwat
le 27/02/2019 14:23
Grettings and welcome here !

So I hope your French isn't to rusty, as it is a French site, I don't think you will find comments or topics in English but maybe it is time fore this community to move to english also.

Here are to links of two seperate topics about Queen Marchesa:

This one is about a Control version:
There are about 40 page long and have sevral list presented in it.
https://www.magic-ville.com/fr/forum/sujet?ref=449313

This one is about a Burn list:
https://www.magic-ville.com/fr/forum/sujet?ref=450640

If you have any issue finding things ask me with a Personal message

DC Moderator
Xbod
LenweFelagund
Lyon, je suis Jean-Alexis

DEMON
le 27/02/2019 14:28
Hello there and welcome !

There's already a Queen Marchesa Topic HERE in french, but I'm willing to try and open an english topic to talk about it, it may be interesting to see how it goes.

Feel free to link your deck here !

As for deck editing you have to go under the banner, hover your mouse on the "Decks" menu, and then click on "Saisir un deck". Then you'll arrive THERE and can start building card by card, or by importing a list from apprentice / MWS ("Importer une liste").

The drop-down menu right to the textbox for adding cards let you chose wether you want to put it main deck ("au deck principal"), in your sideboard ("à la réserve") or as a commander ("comme commandant").

When you save your decklist, you'll end up in a different page where you can name your deck and add a comment etc, then save again and it will appear in your page (Hover "Decks" and click on "Mes decks" to see them once logged in).

Cheers ! : )
Alliwat
le 27/02/2019 14:29
Oh many thanks for the quick answer!

And yes i really don't understand french language, i hope people can answer to me in english as you did ^^.

Thanks for the links (how you do that?) i'm gonna check it, and people here know burn Queen marchesa? Awesome hahaha

Ok i'm going to send you a message if i don't find something, thanks you :)

Alliwat
lablaisaille
modo Rum/MA/Sto

FORCE
You just have to click on Deck (under the MagicVille logo) then "Saisir un deck" which meens "Build a deck".
Then you just have to type the beginning of the english or french name of a card to have it proposed.
If you need to add a card as a commander, just click on the right of the box you are filling and select "comme commandant". Don't forget to go back to "au deck principal" if you need to add card to your deck !

Once it is done, click on the right on the "Sauvegarder" button, type a name in the "titre du deck box" and then clic on "confirmer la sauvegarde" to finish.

You will be able to see the decks you built by clicking "Deck" => "Mes decks". Then click on the little pencil on the left of the title to edit your deck.

There already is a topic on which we talk about Queen Marchesa, don't hesitate to post there once your decklist is available : https://www.magic-ville.fr/fr/forum/sujet?ref=449313
LenweFelagund

DEMON
Xpost haha

At least now you have a complete set of informations :D
lablaisaille
modo Rum/MA/Sto

FORCE
le 27/02/2019 14:30
haha owned ^^
Alliwat
le 27/02/2019 14:31
Thanks guys! Wouah i'm really impressed for your kindness!

Let me check all these link you share to me

ok now let's work google trad :P

Alliwat
LenweFelagund

DEMON
le 27/02/2019 14:51
Haha

As for links, you have a set of clickable items on top of the textbox when you write a message (b, i, u, quote etc). Clicking them will create HTML tags, the text you put between them will be affected, eg : [b]EXAMPLE[/b] will become EXAMPLE once posted, [quote]EXAMPLE[/quote] will become
Citation :
EXAMPLE

For the [url][/url] tags, you can either put a link between them like this :

[url]https://www.magic-ville.com[/url] which will become https://www.magic-ville.com

Or you can do "nicer-looking links" by writing something like [url=https://www.magic-ville.com]This nice link[/url] which looks like this once posted : This nice link. Note the "=" and the brackets position.

You can always preview what you want to post by clicking "prévisualiser" just below the "GO" button.

Enjoy ! : )
xbod
Modérateur section EDH
Géant
le 27/02/2019 14:52
Just remember that you can't edit after posting.
Alliwat
le 27/02/2019 21:50
Ok after i can read, i start with this: https://magic-ville.fr/fr/decks/showdeck?ref=650083

Fews slots i'm really not sure:

Fiery Confluence: is for Sai, and for aggro

Fulminator Mage: for to have minimal denial, i'm guessing that the metagame will be multicolor, and remove one color is in the game plan (so i'm thinking about to Sinkhole)

Yawgmoth's Will i love this card but i don't if here is the good place for to be efficient

I'm not sure for the superfriends gameplan, i never really like this way.
And i'm thinking about the number of artefacts. It's good with Balance and then? I don't know if actually is very relevant...

To finish: creatures' number! Creatures here must to be excellent (as Razormane Masticore is, i never see people play it, and i'm pretty sure with the Monarch, it will be complementary), Wurmcoil Engine for aggro, Goblin Dark-Dwellers for to recast all my spells in my yard (except Pyrokinesis and Fiery Confluence) and great body. Fulminator i've explain about him.

Please if you have some ideas, or critics, say it! :)

Thanks you!

Alliwat
Windston
Comité DC - Consultant
le 27/02/2019 22:58
Hello ! Welcome to Magicville.

Pyrokinesis might cost 6 more often than 0, especially in the midgame with "only" 14 other red card (including some like Chandra that you usually dont want to pitch).

Razormane Masticore isnt played because beside the body, it doesnt have any impact on the turn you play it, meaning that it wont have any at all if your opponent uses one of his removals to get rid of it. Which is annoying for a 5 mana spell. Furthermore, the discard clause is really taxing, especially in situations where you cant afford to cast Queen because you would lose the crown instantly. Finally, against a significant part of the metagame, the "free" Ragefire has no impact, and you end up with just a 5/5 with a big drawback.

Artifacts, mana rocks as a matter of facts, are good because they indeed work quite well with Balance, but mostly because they allow you to play a removal and a PW or Queen + a discard, etc.

Light Up the Stage's spectacle seems to be quite hard to trigger reliably, making it most of the time much worse than other means of card advantage like Painful truths (even if the lifeloss of this kind of card can be problematic) or Phyrexian arena (same problem).

Last point : I feel like you have too many 1 for 1 cards and not enough high impact cards. PWs help raising the number of impactfull spells and most of them are removals and/or discards spells. Overcosted if you compare them to terminates or duresses, but calling for answers.
Alliwat
le 28/02/2019 11:15
Hello Windston!

Thank for your feedback!

Citation :
Pyrokinesis might cost 6 more often than 0, especially in the midgame with "only" 14 other red card (including some like Chandra that you usually dont want to pitch).

Indeed but Pyrokinesis allow to us to full tap and have something behind for aggro.
Maybe i must to add red cards, let's think

Citation :
Razormane Masticore isnt played because beside the body, it doesnt have any impact on the turn you play it, meaning that it wont have any at all if your opponent uses one of his removals to get rid of it. Which is annoying for a 5 mana spell. Furthermore, the discard clause is really taxing, especially in situations where you cant afford to cast Queen because you would lose the crown instantly. Finally, against a significant part of the metagame, the "free" Ragefire has no impact, and you end up with just a 5/5 with a big drawback.

Oh really nice explain. I think you're right about the Masticore, i'm gonna cut him.

Citation :
Artifacts, mana rocks as a matter of facts, are good because they indeed work quite well with Balance, but mostly because they allow you to play a removal and a PW or Queen + a discard, etc.

Yes but how much mana rocks i must to play? Because rocks are pretty good early, but in midgame it's not really relevant. I see mana rocks like "tiny-time walk", the role is to progress the game for your favor, because you play control, you must to manage the early game for play in the Mid/end game. Mana rocks are for me like removal (weird comparison, but i don't know how explain better than i said^^)

Citation :
Light Up the Stage's spectacle seems to be quite hard to trigger reliably, making it most of the time much worse than other means of card advantage like Painful truths (even if the lifeloss of this kind of card can be problematic) or Phyrexian arena (same problem).

Sure Painful Truths is a good card, but like you said, lifeloss will be a problem with the futur metagame (i see the futur metagame, in my country obvious, with more aggressive decks). Light up the stage it's the better spell Red draw, and yes i sure i will never pay the spectacle cost, but it's draw 2 for %2%R without lose life. It's very good for me for a no-blue draw card.

Citation :
Last point : I feel like you have too many 1 for 1 cards and not enough high impact cards. PWs help raising the number of impactfull spells and most of them are removals and/or discards spells. Overcosted if you compare them to terminates or duresses, but calling for answers.

It's a very persuasive answer, i'm really thinking about you said.

Many thanks Windston for your answer!

And about my questioning:

Fiery Confluence: is for Sai, and for aggro

Fulminator Mage: for to have minimal denial, i'm guessing that the metagame will be multicolor, and remove one color is in the game plan (so i'm thinking about to Sinkhole)

Yawgmoth's Will i love this card but i don't if here is the good place for to be efficient

Do you think it's a good way or?

Thank guys

Alliwat
xbod
Modérateur section EDH
Géant
le 28/02/2019 12:02
So, I'm a former big Mardu Player with almost 8 years of Kaalia decking.

In matter of rocks here what you have:

Boros Signet / Rakdos Signet /Orzhov Signet

Depending and your need on double colored you need in your early turns you are not obligated to play the tree of them.

Coldsteel Heart / Talisman d'indulgence
For me those one is the best and should be mandatory.

Charcoal Diamond / Fire Diamond / Pearl Medallion
Same here as the Signet.

For Draw power:

Cathartic Reunion / Tormenting Voice
Theses one is harsh against counter spell, but digs well

Faithless Looting

Best draw spell ever

Painful Truths / Night's Whisper / Sign in Blood
Draw vs Life points

I don't think that Fulminator mage is good here.
In an Alesha deck where you can bring him multiple times yes but here, I don't think it will buy you enough disruption to be a valid 3 mana slot.
Alliwat
le 01/03/2019 20:39
Thanks you xbod for your answer! I note your remarks :)

for the draw card, what do you think about Commune with Lava? It's obviously only instant "draw" card, but not pinch, just exil. Even with X=2, it's not to bad imo.

Alliwat
Makexime
Légende
Hello
le 01/03/2019 22:38
To expensive for not to much impact i think, the card will be better in deck without lot of CA (like burn/aggro), but even in these decks, it's not really relevant.
Arkydian56
le 26/02/2021 15:50
Hi, i will send a lot of my collection card. and i will keep only my Queen Deck for tournament. its my favorite deck too.

i'm here for now in my decklist:
https://magic-ville.fr/fr/decks/showdeck.php?ref=813276

i think , Ugin, the Ineffable, Chandra, Awakened Inferno and Court of Grace is too slow for the actually met but i love this cards.
im testing Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools for the draw and protect the monarch with Token

the best drawspell for queen is like Xbod Sayed

Citation :
Painful Truths / Night's Whisper / Sign in Blood
Draw vs Life points

after the BETTER DRAW IN this deck is THE MONARCH. so we need protect the monarch and its OK :)

if you find idea in this deck im happy :)

have a good day :)
Arkydian56
le 26/02/2021 15:54
ooh and carefull :

Cavern of Souls , Ancient Tomb , Wasteland are BAN in 20HP DuelCommander

try Gerrard's Verdict it's a REALLY good Discard VS aggro/burn
Arkydian56
le 26/02/2021 15:58
and for the 3rd post LOL.

i think for playing Blood Moon you need MORE ROCK produce COLOR MANA, Talisman of Hierarchy and Talisman of Conviction

its the last post. have a good day :)
haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Commander >> Discussion : page 1
Vous devez être identifié pour pouvoir poster sur les forums.