Babbacchio
Combo baliste+Scrap Trawler: working?
le 04/07/2023 14:31
Does this mechanic work? We have Mimique métallique in play, Charrieur de ferraille in play. With the Mimic we name "construct", then we put down at no cost Baliste ambulante and it enters with the +1/+1 which gives to it the Mimic. If the ballista dies it goes to the graveyard, but there is Scrap Trawler which allows me to take the same ballista back into my hand (it costs zero). Can it work? Thanks in advance for the answers.
haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Règles >> Discussion : page 1
Coro
S'il n'y a pas de solution, il n'y a pas de problème.

Légende
le 04/07/2023 14:38
It does not work. When the ballista dies, it triggers scrap trawler, which allows you to get back an artifact card with mana value less than zero. Ballista does not meet that condition. No card in the game as it is now meet it either as mana value less than zero does not currently make any sense. You will never get anything back with scrap trawler due to the death of a ballista.
Coro

Légende
le 04/07/2023 14:49
The only way that I see for you to get back with scrap trawler the exact same card that triggered it by dying is to get back an artifact that copied something with higher mana value, for example Phyrexian Metamorph that copied Water Elemental (or maybe Composite Golem if you want to assemble a combo).
Theluji
Conscrits, Au rapport!
le 04/07/2023 15:17
https://www.magic-ville.com/fr/forum/sujet?ref=467283

Fyi
This topic gives several examples of what Coro means with "Phyrexian Metamorph copying something with higher mana value".

It also lists the other cards currently available in MtG that allow these kind of tricks.
Babbacchio
le 04/07/2023 22:37
Thank you. I was looking for a way to use the Technomancien . Unfortunately there is obviously no artifact creature combo in six mana.
ZeSword
Bruxelles, Belgique

Technomancer combo
le 04/07/2023 23:00
There is a way ! Just click on "Combos" on the page of the Technomancer, you'll get to a webpage where the first combo is the following one, probably what you want (-:

https://www.magic-ville.com/fr/combos/showcombo?ref=92562
Babbacchio
le 05/07/2023 0:24
Thanks! That is a way. Maybe the only one, with the actual cards. I looked for a black card similar to Métamorphe phyrexian, I only found Dormeur activé. That is not good enough, because it's not and artifact so the Technomancer cannot make him revive with the others.
ZeSword
Bruxelles, Belgique

Biotransference
le 05/07/2023 0:44
If you really need something in black color identity, then you might want to use Biotransference ?
Babbacchio
le 05/07/2023 10:30
That could be a solution. But of course we should first find a way to have the enchantment in play, then play the combo. I am looking for a different way to use Vieux brindodactyle as Commander. In the format I play, the classic cards Limon nécrotique and Trazyn l'Infini used for the combo are banned. Thanks for your suggest.
Coro

Légende
le 05/07/2023 11:47
A friend of mine has tried to keep playing the deck with a different combo. Commander for X = 3 puts Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Triskelion and Seigneur de couvée entasseur in the graveyard. Any reanimate on the dragon allows to tutor Brimades which reanimates the combo. Looks like it's much less powerful than Trazyn.
Ant1
le 05/07/2023 12:29
Support ruling en VO. La classe MV !
Babbacchio
le 05/07/2023 12:51
Yes and you could also use Balthor le Souillé to reanimate them all (plus Fouilleur phyrexian to reanimate the artifact creature). Still, it's much less powerful than Trazyn.
Theluji
Conscrits, Au rapport!
le 05/07/2023 13:58
Citation :
Support ruling en VO. La classe MV !

Ce qui est amusant est que nous sommes nombreux à utiliser les noms de cartes VO dans nos explications en français. Et que Babbacchio écrit en anglais... avec les noms de carte VF :D

Babbacchio a écrit :
In the format I play, the classic cards Limon nécrotique and Trazyn l'Infini used for the combo are banned.

Is it Duel Commander ?
If it is, Magic-Ville's combo search engine allows you to search combos by color identity & format legality, and the "1vs1" format on Magic-Ville refers to Duel Commander (and therefore uses its up-to-date banlist).
Babbacchio
le 05/07/2023 17:50
It's not Duel Commander, it's Centurion. A quite similar format:
www.moxfield.com/decks/_Zv8ZVpARkqZQpPyDYNpHw

haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Règles >> Discussion : page 1
Vous devez être identifié pour pouvoir poster sur les forums.